Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 12:16 Friday, 04 September 2009 13:36
This is general information about the Biforst/ Bifrost family of viruses.I have written separate articles for most of the identifiable EXE names used in this family of viruses.
The trojan Bifrost is one of the most widely distributed virus on the internet, it is also known to create files with names that resemble or mimic legitimate popular software installers. Therefore be careful not to download files from websites that are not verified as safe sites.
- It installs a component of backdoor Trojan Bifrose or BiFrost.
It allows attackers to control infected computers even if it is behind firewalls and routers.
- It downloads more harmful files from the internet.
- It infects Internet explorer browser. It attaches a keylogger with Internet Explorer. It tries to steal your user ID and passwords. The virus hides the process "IEXPLORE.exe" so that a user is unaware about Internet Explorer running in the background.
- Wikipedia has more information about Trojan Bifrost on this link
- It may modify Hosts file to block access to the security web sites.
You can also find details of all the step required to remove any virus on this link
Here is a video about Trojan Bifrost/ Bifrose